Lost & Found Pets
If your pet has gone missing there are a few simple but important things to do:
- Reach out to your neighbours and ask them to check their garages and sheds for any sign of your missing pet.
- Ensure that your pet’s microchip information is current and that someone is available to answer calls, in case your pet is microchipped.
- Check with local vet surgeries as injured stray animals are often brought there. Some local vet surgeries that you can contact are:
- Portland Vets EG: 01342 327799
- Portland Vets Edenbridge: 01732 868680
- Portland Vets Horley: 01293 782684
- East Grinstead Veterinary Centre: 01342 323072
- Medivet Forest Row: 01342 824452
- Blackberry Dormansland: 01342 870972
- Contact Dog Control at 01444 477423 or the Dog Warden at 07512 089777
- If your dog is lost on the forest, call the forest warden at 01342 822846
- Look out for found animals on Facebook pages of the local vet surgeries.
- If your pet has been missing for a few days, it’s worth contacting local animal rescue charities as they may have taken in your pet. See a list of local animal charities. LINK ****
Once your pet is found, make sure to have the microchip information checked to ensure it is still readable. It’s mandatory for dogs in the UK to have a microchip, and due to be mandatory for cats sometime later this year. A microchip costing £25 can help avoid a lot of stress and heartache.
Learn more about pet microchipping
If you have any information about missing animals please contact the surgery.
If you have found a stray pet please contact the surgery so that it can be scanned for a microchip and hopefully be reunited with its owner!
Contact Portland Vets – Horley