Lost & Found Pets
If your pet has gone missing there are a few simple but important things to do:
- Speak with your neighbours and ask them to check garages and sheds for your missing pet.
- Make sure your pet’s microchip information is up to date and that someone is available to answer calls.
- Contact local vet surgeries as injured stray animals are often brought there. Some local vet surgeries to contact include:
- Portland Vets Edenbridge: 01732 868680
- Portland Vets East Grinstead: 01342 327799
- Portland Vets Horley: 01293 782684
- East Grinstead Veterinary Centre: 01342 323072
- Medivet Forest Row: 01342 824452
- Blackberry Dormansland: 01342 870972
- Contact Dog Control at 01444 477423 or the Dog Warden on 07512 089777
- If your dog is lost on the Forest, call the Forest Warden on 01342 822846
- Check Facebook pages as surgeries may post about found animals.
- If your pet has been missing for a few days, it is worth contacting local animal rescue charities as they may have taken in your pet. See a list of local animal charities.
Once your pet is found, make sure to have the microchip information checked to ensure it is still readable. It is a legal requirement in the UK for dogs to be microchipped and is due to be for cats too, later this year. A microchip costing £25.00 can help avoid a lot of distress and heartache.
Learn more about pet microchipping
If you have any information about missing animals please contact our surgery.
If you have found a stray pet please contact our surgery so we can scan them for a microchip and hopefully reunite them with their owner.
Contact Portland Vets – Edenbridge