Lost & Found Pets
If your pet has gone missing there are a few simple but important things you can do:
- Talk with your neighbours and ask them to check garages and sheds.
- If your pet is microchipped make sure that you have your mobile phone switched on and there is someone at home to answer any calls.
- Check with all the local vet surgeries. Any injured stray animals are usually taken to a vet surgery. The local ones to consider are:
- Portland Vets East Grinstead – 01342 327799
- Portland Vets Edenbridge – 01732 868680
- Portland Vets Horley – 01293 782684
- East Grinstead Veterinary Centre – 01342 323072
- Medivet Forest Row – 01342 824452
- Blackberry Dormansland – 01342 870972
- Call Dog Control on 01444 477423 or the Dog Warden on 07512 089777
- If your dog is lost in the forest call the forest warden 01342 822846
- Facebook pages are often used by surgeries to showcase found animals so it’s worth checking these too.
- If your pet has been missing for a few days it is also worth contacting the local rescue charities as they may have been taken there – here are some local animal charities.
When your pet returns home please ensure their microchip is reading – ie. get it checked! It is a legal requirement in the UK to have your dog microchipped and is due to be for cats too later this year. A simple chip costing £25.00 can save a lot of heartache and distress.
Learn more about pet microchipping
If you have any information about missing animals please contact the surgery.
If you have found a stray pet please contact the surgery so that they can be scanned for a microchip and hopefully be reunited with its owner!
Contact Portland Vets – East Grinstead